WordPress Tutorial for Beginners
In this WordPress tutorial, you will quickly learn how to use WordPress. When you create a website or start a blog, you need to understand WordPress basics to manage website or blog. This WordPress tutorial is easy to understand and covers all important questions about using WordPress that people mostly ask.
How to Create New Page in WordPress
It is very easy to create new pages. In order to create a new page, you need to login to your WordPress dashboard. Go to the “Pages” in dashboard sidebar and click on the “Add New”.
- In the first step enter your page title.
- Make sure it is on visual tab
- In the third step, you will see formatting options which will probably look like Microsoft Word. Here you can add text, images and much more to build a page.
- Once you have added your content, click on the “Save Draft” and then click on “Preview” to view your page before publishing it online.
- Finally, you can publish your page by clicking on “Publish”
How to Change Site Title & Tagline
To change the site title and tagline, go to the Dashboard sidebar. Hover over “Setting” and click on “General”. Now enter your site title and tagline here.
How to Set a Front Page
The front page is the main page of your site. When someone opens your website or blog, this page will display.
You have two options to set a front page of your site. You can either choose most recent posts or a static page of the site as a front page. WordPress shows your recent posts as a front page by default.
In order to set a static front page of your site, Go to the Setting >> Reading. Choose “A Static Page” and select a custom front page or post page from below.
How to Create Menu in WordPress
Go to “Appearance >> Menus” in dashboard sidebar. Enter your menu name and the click on “Create Menu” button.
On the next screen, you can set menu location in “Menu Setting”. This setting may vary from theme to theme. You can set menu display location according to your need.
There are options to add pages, posts, custom links, categories etc. on the left-hand side. Select pages you want to add to menu and then click on the “Add to Menu” button. Now click on “Save Menu”.
How to Create WordPress Blog Post
To create a blog post, Go to Posts >> Add New in Dashboard sidebar.
- In the first step enter your post title.
- Make sure it is on visual tab.
- You will see formatting options which will probably look like Microsoft Word. Here you can add text, images and much more to create a post.
- Once you have added your content, click on the “Save Draft” button and then click on “Preview” to view your post before publishing it online.
- To add a new category for your blog post, click on the “Add New Category” link below the category box.
- Finally, you can publish your post by clicking on “Publish”
How to Install Plugin in WordPress
You can extend functionality and add extra features to your website by installing plugins. There are thousands of WordPress plugins and you can choose from them according to your need.
In order to install a plugin, go to Plugins >> Add New in dashboard sidebar. Search for a plugin that you want to install. Then click on the “Install Now” button and plugin will be installed shortly. Once the plugin is installed you need to activate the plugin.
I hope you will find this WordPress tutorial helpful and you can easily create a website or start a blog by following this guide.